Freak Storm

Tuesday, July 22, 2008
A freak summer storm came through West Jordan and destroyed a lot of the plants trees around. There isn't a flower left in our neighborhood. This is my cute tree in the front yard, I am hoping it comes back.

My poor zucchinis, basically the whole garden was destroyed, but we are trying to nurse it back. I would be so sad to miss out on tomatoes this year!

It looks like snow, but it is piles of hail, in July! These little piles were all over the neighborhood. In one spot the water came down so fast and shot across the street with enough pressure to knock out the basement windows of a house.

A new lake. We didn't get a good picture, but people where out there swimming and even in a canoe. It was quite a sight!

Side note- Bella and I missed the whole thing. She woke up in the morning and the first thing she said when she came into my room was she needed to go to Nordstrom. Kid after my own heart, how could I say no? We spent the entire morning playing fashion show and shopping for school clothes. It was great!






0 comments: