Edu Center Field Trip

Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Bella's school had a fun field trip to the Edu-Center. Bella was very excited and told me this year she was going to do it all. She kept saying "I am ready for anything."
She practiced her kung-fu!
Walked across the rope bridge!

And even made it down her nemesis (and mine) the black slide. They have this slide that is completely black on the inside. Usually, she is scared to death of it, but this year she was determined to try it. It is my nemesis also, because every year, I end up having to go down it too. It is not made for grown-ups, so you don't really slide, just kind-of move yourself down a pitch black slide, terrified the whole time that I am going to get stuck in this thing! This year, Bella had trouble finding it so I ended up climbing over with her to it. I helped her get to it and down she went. I turned to climb back down, when this cute little boy says, "Can you help me to, I'm scared." So, I help him up to the mouth of the slide. He looks at me and says "Can I go down on your lap. I'm really, really scared." What do you say to that? So once again, I too had to make it down the black slide.

1 comments:

DeYoung Says:
March 8, 2009 at 1:13 PM

That's a great story! Good for you, Julie!
-Jana