Disneyland Day 1

Saturday, April 17, 2010
Disneyland!
I love Disneyland! It brings back so many fun memories for me and the kids love it! We headed out early Saturday morning to drive to California. My kids are champs in the car. We made 2 stops where they got out the whole way down! We made it to the hotel and June immediately knew something was up. I don't know if it was the pictures of Mickey in the hotel room, but she was excited. Before I could even get us settled in, she had climbed into her stroller and was ready to go!
Even though we knew it was busy, we headed over to the park. We tried for a picture out front, but the girls were anxious to head in!
June checked out the map, while Mom picked up autograph books.

Then it was straight to the Small World ride. June was a little nervous at first, but soon loved it!
Afterwards, we decided to try and see Mickey. There wasn't much of a line so we headed in. June loved looking around his house, from a distance. Then we watched the movies and soon, the big Mouse himself. Bella ran right up to him, but June was a little leery. She eventually handed him her book to sign. (I think part of the problem is this weird Steamboat Willy outfit they have him wear. We just need the normal Mickey!) She warmed up to him and was pretty excited. Everything seemed pretty crowded, but we decided to brave the line for the Matterhorn since it would be closed for the rest of our trip. Bret and Bella tried it and she hated it. Eventually, I convinced her to try it with me. (Thank goodness for switch passes.) We got on the ride, buckled in and just as the ride headed into the mountain, she decided to bolt. She jumped up and said "I'm not doing this!" I managed to hold her down as the ride operated is running for the emergency stop. We got her situated and took off again, but I did have to hold her tight. She was so upset she made me hold my hands over her eyes for the entire ride. She will never go on it again!
After that, we walked by Pixie Hollow. Bella's favorite place!
There were no fairies, but the girls had so much fun climbing on mushrooms and posing on flowers.
They peeked into Tinkerbell's teapot house, but they couldn't see her.
After that, the girls were so tired! We headed back to the hotel for a good night's sleep. What a fun start to our vacation!

0 comments: