Our Feast

Sunday, November 21, 2010
On the Sunday before Thanksgiving, I always prepare and have our own little feast as a family. It is the only way I can justify hanging on to my china! Really, I just like to have the time with our girls. To prep for this, I started at the first of November asking everyone to write down one thing they were thankful for each night. We didn't make it every night, but we did quite a few. Junie was thankful for ladybugs every night. After that it was princesses, Tinkerbell, Marme and Par, and blankies. Bella had more varied answers that included owls, peace signs and Alex, her doll.
All ready for our dinner. I let everyone pick one thing for the feast. I chose spinach artichoke dip for the appetizer. Bret chose bbq sandwiches. Bella chose corn and Junie wanted M&M's.
It was a unique but wonderful feast! The best part, I was surrounded by what I am most grateful for, my wonderful family.

1 comments:

VanOrden Family Says:
November 30, 2010 at 9:18 AM

This is the cutest tradition! We may need to use it too! And I L.O.V.E. those red dresses on the girls!