The Busiest Day Ever!

Saturday, January 3, 2009
Some days we try to do it all and January 3rd was no exception. We started the morning with a ton of fresh snow, perfect for a day of sledding with my family.

We packed up the girls and headed to my mom's house. June didn't get to really sled this year, but I couldn't resist the chance to bundle her up, every baby should have a bunting of suede and pink fur!

Bella went down the hill a few times before thinking about snow angels.
Sam was the real pro. I think sticking out your tongue makes you go faster!
Bella was happy just to be outside and hanging out with Sam.

Could the mountains be any more beautiful?
After sledding we headed over to Melia's Golden Birthday. She was a wonderful birthday princess. Aunt Lauren had a great treasure hunt for the girls with golden bags of treasure! This is my favorite picture, there is just something about birthday candles!
After that, it was up to Ogden for a long overdue visit with Bret's Grandparents. It was good to visit with them a little. Grandpa pulled out some pictures to show us, including a picture of his grandmother who lived to be 103!
And finally we went to Grandpa DeYoung to celebrate his 85th birthday. (This picture obviously is not from that night, somehow we didn't get one.) It was great to have a chance to really visit with him without all the people that are usually around. Bella loves looking around his house and is very fascinated with his Christmas Tree. He showed me some wonderful pictures of Grandma June, our Junie's namesake and some great stories of his family coming to America.

All in all, it was a lot to do in a day, but ended up being a great one!

2 comments:

R_ocio Says:
January 14, 2009 at 3:30 PM

n

R_ocio Says:
January 14, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Dear Julie Ann Garriott and Family:

I am Rocío Lavín, a daughter of your Sister Lavín and, really this letter will make it a while ago but, a little for negligence we had not made it, but already here this. We apologize you, and give you thanks because your the letters.

The main of this letter is to tell you something very delicate that passed in our family, this already happened some years ago. Our mother, Isabel Ramírez, suffered a serious illness and she died on April 12 , 2003. Our family passes it very bad, but God has been giving us the Strength and faith, to continue ahead.
Since that time that we are with our father. After some years, I dew I left where my mother's sister, and there I am well, but soon we will leave all together to a new house. Jorge and Sebastian live now with Dad.
I wait that we have his news again, we saw its blog of its daughter's pictures, and there I wrote, but we didn't have answer. I send you my e mail address, which is: ttoty_@hotmail.com. By means that address you can write us, or otherwise, to ttoty.17@gmail.com, or www.fotolog.com/r_ocio.There are some pictures of the family and me. There same it can send his news and to be in contact with us. Anyone of the two addresses, are available to you.
Well, excuse us because did not have warn before, but we had not been able to, because we didn't know if you understood Spanish. I have got a friend who has translated it to English, to be sure you can to understand what we wrote.

With a lot of affections

Lavín Family

PD: I wait will have some answer, through Internet, or any means.