Crazy Weekend

Sunday, September 19, 2010
I am ever glad this weekend is over. It has been a crazy one for Bella. It started out with a dentist appointment on Friday. Bella refuses to get in the dentists chair, so we had to make an appointment with a pediatric dental anesthesiologist in order for her to have a couple of cavities filled. Just by seeing his title, that tells you it wasn't cheap! We started the afternoon by giving her a Valium which just made her hysterical, and of course set of June too. Poor Bret. I was already in the dentists chair having the last of my ugly silver fillings replaced, while he was in the waiting room dealing with these out of control girls. Luckily, Dr. Jon has an awesome staff who soon had toys for the girls and lots of Scooby Doo coloring pages.
After my appointment, it was time for Bella. I was holding her on my lap, and the doctor was trying to have others distract her while he gave her a shot, she noticed the needle and freaked out, so June freaked out and had to be taken to the car. I ended up just holding Bella for a few minutes until she eventually conked out. It was a little upsetting to watch so I am glad I was prepped and told what would happen. After that, they took her back to the dentists chair and waited and waited. It was almost 2 hours, but Dr. Jon took care of everything. It turns out she had some exposed nerves and he ended up having to do 2 baby root canals along with the fillings. Thank goodness she was under, can you imagine my hysterical daughter just sitting there for a root canal?
When the dental work was all done, they brought out of the anesthesia. You should have seen this kid fight. She was determined she was getting up and out of the dentists chair. Jon had to hold her while I grabbed Bret, she is just so strong. We brought her home, totally loopy and rested with her for the day. Now when I say rested, I mean, I stayed with her while she fought of these drugs, she was laughing, she was crying, she was sleepy, you name it, but we worked through it.
The next day everything seemed fine, but she kept complaining about her ear. She has been talking about water in her ear for a while, I just figured it was swimmers ear and would clear up on it's own. At about 9:30, she was so upset that Bret decided to run her to the doctor. Turns out she had an ear infection. The comment from the doctor "Wow, that is really bad." So much for it clearing up on it's own. So after medicating her and getting her to sleep, we both sighed in relief.
Now it is all over, she seems to be her old self. Please, let's stay with the happy healthy Bella!

2 comments:

VanOrden Family Says:
September 20, 2010 at 9:18 AM

poor girl! I hope she's all good now!

Alisa and Crowells Says:
October 3, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Wow--what a rough go! So glad she is doing better!