Oh, the Drama!

Monday, January 28, 2008





Sunday mornings seem to be a little long these days, our church does not start until 1:00 and it leaves us plenty of time inside. I think it will be easier once the weather is better. Bella seems to be especially dramatic on Sundays, and yesterday was no exception. It started early, but came to a head when Dad was making some soup for lunch. While I was getting ready, Bret let the soup boil over. Bella came running into the bathroom. "Mom, Dad ruined the soup. Now we have nothing to eat. We are going to be so hungry." I have to admit I struggled to keep a straight face while I comforted her and explained that we would be able to figure something out.



Next, at church, she didn't want to sit with her class. She decided that she wanted to sit a row behind with her "best friend." I girl I personally have never seen before. I ended up taking her to the bathroom, where she preened in front of the mirror for about 5 minutes.



After church, she decided we need to have a beach party with floppy hats, glasses and magazines. (She calls them showtimes, I have no idea why.) Bella could only come up with one hat, so a crown was better for her anyway.



A while later, I turned on the figure skating championships. Bella was dancing along and trying to do what they were doing. She ran in and grabbed Dad "You are going to miss it Dad. You want to ice skate with me." I wish I had the video camera so you all could see Bella and Bret ice skating on her pink blanket. I think it would be the final straw for Bret though.



Then, when Bella was playing in the office, she fell and bumped. She ran to get herself a band-aid and put it on herself. The picture speaks for itself.



What a day with Miss Drama Queen.



0 comments: