President Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I was so saddened to hear the news about President Hinckley. He was such a remarkable man. I will so miss hearing from him at conference. I have been thinking a lot about what he has taught us, and what sticks out most to me is how cheerful he always was. He always knew how to look on the positive side of everything. I think one of my favorite quotes is "In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." I believe he exemplified that every day. I remember other prophets fairly well, but none has meant as much to me, I think that is what makes this so hard. I do find some consolation knowing he is with his beloved wife again. What a wonderful man who will be truly missed.

1 comments:

DeYoung Says:
January 30, 2008 at 2:19 PM

I feel the same. He truly was a remarkable man. He is terribly missed already.
-Jana