Festival of Trees

Thursday, December 4, 2008
We went with Grandma Pattie, Aunt Katie and Becca to the Festival of Trees. I love the Festival. I always went with one of my oldest friends, Suzanne when I was younger. Her mom was the chairwoman and we would help out before the Festival opened. It would be so cool once everything was set up, they would turn out all the lights and see all the Christmas Trees glow.
This year was a little bittersweet. I think I cried a lot more. I am so grateful my baby's heart problems were not serious and I feel for those children who are in Primary's.
I thought this blown glass tree was very neat.

Bella loved the Gingerbread Castle.

Bella was excited to tell Santa what she wants for Christmas.

June was very brave too.

The kids area was a hit with Bella. We made reindeer ears, fished, had a manicure, made a reindeer spoon, a pom-pom butterfly and painted an ornament. (Who needs trees when you can do crafts?)
Bella was excited to see the Nutcracker Tree and the nutcracker just like hers. We have been listening to the music and learning the story so we can go see the ballet next year.
I thought this tree was great, mostly because I wish I was in Hawaii right now. Before Bret and I were married, I went to Hawaii with my parents and younger sisters to see my younger brother graduate from BYU Hawaii. It was such a fun trip, I hope we can go back in December again someday!

1 comments:

kelli Says:
December 6, 2008 at 5:05 PM

Hey, we went Yesterday. I thought I saw your sister and her little boy there. When did you guys go? I cried more too. That is why I can't work at Primary's anymore. I worked there till I had Brinley, and I just couldn't do it. It is so much more emotional when you have your own kids. Anyway, the trees were awesome. The place was crowded, but the kids loved it.