Merry Christmas!

Thursday, December 25, 2008
Merry Christmas! For once, Bret and I were in bed early, but we didn't get to sleep in. Bret woke up early because we had no power from the wind and the snow and it was starting to get cold in our house. We turned on the fireplace, but I was nervous about the kids. We waited until about 7:00 and then woke up Bella. We explained what was going on and gave her a lantern. The little trooper just got her own Tinkerbell lantern and was just as excited. She went through her stocking (I wonder how many years it will be before she is not excited about the toothbrush!) and we decided that we needed to head someplace else. She helped me sort out the presents for herself and sister and then we headed out. It was a very scary drive, there were times with white out conditions and I was pretty nervous, but eventually we made it to Bret's parent's home and everything was okay. We were able to share Christmas Morning with Grandma and Grandpa as well as Matt, Natalie and Boston. (Thanks for letting us crash!)
Bella was very excited that Santa pulled through with Mermaid Falls!

June was just excited to see the ribbons on the packages. (And snuggling with Grandma!)

These are pictures of one of my favorite traditions. Each year, Bret picks out a book and writes a special note in it. Then her reads it to the girls. (I usually keep these books separate from their regular library so they are special. ) This year, Bella received The Queen of Style.

June's book is Little Kitten's First Full Moon.

After we finished with the presents, Bella tried out the mermaids in Grandma's tub and even let June join in on the action.
Later, we were joined by Melia, Cooper and their parents. The girls loved opening even more presents, and were very impressed with the remote control Tinkerbell's from Grandpa Clyde. These are the cute little hats Aunt Janine knitted for the babies. Don't they look adorable!
After a trip home to drop off a full carload, we head over to my parent's house. (I don't know how I didn't get any pictures, but please send me some if you have them!) We relaxed and opened more and more gifts. Bella was very excited to have a new stroller for Princess. Bret and I were pretty exhausted when we headed home, but luckily the kids both fell asleep in the car. So at about 9:00, we finally got around to opening our presents for each other. All in all, it was a great Christmas, definitely one I will always remember!

0 comments: